Nippon S500 Heat Resisting Primer
NIPPON S500 HEAT RESISTING PRIMER is a silicone based coating with Zinc Dust Anti corrosive pigment which can withstand continuous temperature up to 500°C. It provides excellent protection for exhaust manifolds, furnaces, boiler, chimneys and other installations exposed to extreme temperatures.
Physical Characteristics of Paint:
Specific Gravity : 1.93 ± 0.05
Solid Content: 49 ± 2 by volume
Recommendation for Use:
The surface should be free of rust, grease, oil and others contaminants. For optimum performance, abrasive blasting in accordance to SA-2.5 Standard is desirable. It is important that the standard should be maintained until the paint is applied on. If the steel changes colour or rust bloom begins to form, it will be necessary to reblast the steel.
Recommended No. of Coats: 1 coat
Recommended Film Thickness per coat :
- 20 microns for dry film
- 41 microns for wet film
Theoretical Coverage at Recommended Film Thickeness: 24.4 m2 / liter (for dry film thickness of 20 microns)
Practical Coverage (20% Loss Factor): 19.5 m2 / liter (for dry film thickness of 20 microns)
Note : This theoretical coverage rate has been calculated from the volume solid of the material and is related to the amount of coating applied onto a perfectly smooth surface without wastage. For a practical coverage rate, due allowance should be made for atmospheric conditions, surface roughness, geometry of the article being coated, the skill of applicator, method of application etc. when estimating quantities required for a particular job.
Application Methods: Brush, roller, compressed air spray
- Roller & Brush : 10% maximum
- Air Spray: 20% maximum (18 to 20 Sec measured by NK 2 Cup)
Mixing Condition: Settlement may occur, stir thoroughly until homogenous before used.
Thinner : NIPPON HEAT RESISTING THINNER
Cleaning Solvent: NIPPON HEAT RESISTING THINNER
Note: All equipment should be cleaned IMMEDIATELY with Thinner after use. For thinning, substitute thinners other than those approved or supplied by Nippon Paint may adversely affect the product performance and void product warranty whether expressed or implied.
Drying Time at 25°C to 30°C:
- Dry to touch: 30 minutes
- Dry to overcoat: Minimum 8 hours
Curing time at 200°C to 240°C: Approximately 30 minutes
Standard Packing: 5 Liters
Environmental Conditions during Application:
1. Do not apply when the relative humidity exceeds 85%. The temperature of the substrate to be painted must be 3°C higher than the dew point.
2. Do not apply at temperature below 7°C. If not, drying and overcoating time will be considerably extended.
3. During application of the paint, naked flame, welding operations and smoking should not be allowed and good ventilation is necessary.
Safety, Health and Environmental Information:
1. Flammable Liquid. Do not expose to heat, sparks or open flame.
2. Skin Contact: May cause moderate skin irritation. Avoid prolong contact with skin. Use solvent resistant glove. To remove splashes of paint from skin, use soap and water.
3. Inhalation: Respiratory irritation. Only used in well ventilated areas. Do not breathe vapor or spray paint. Respirator with organic vapor cartridges recommended.
4. Eye Contact: Cause severe eye irritation and blurred vision. Safety glasses / goggles with side shields recommended. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
5. Ingestion: Harmful if swallowed. Keep away from drinks, food and out of reach of children. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label.
6. In the event of an accident, contain and collect spillage using sand or earth or absorbent. Do not empty into drain or water courses.
7. Wastes and empty containers should be treated and disposed of in accordance with national and local regulations. Empty containers and packaging should be taken for recycling, recovery or disposal through a suitably qualified or licensed contractor.
NOTE: The information given applies to the product and its performance under specific test conditions. Due to the varied circumstances beyond our control under which the product may be applied, for specific application, please contact Nippon Paint Sales & Marketing Dept. We reserve the right to modify our product data sheet without further notice.